100+ TOP ANDROID Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
ANDROID Multiple Choice Questions with Answers ::
1. Android is licensed under which open source licensing license?
A. Gnu’s GPL
2. Although most people’s first thought Find when they think of Android is Google, Android is not actually owned by Google. Who owns the Android platform?
A. Oracle Technology
C. Open Handset Alliance
D. The above statement is and Android is owned by Google
3. As an Android programmer, Find what version of Android should you use as your minimum development target?
A. Versions 1.6 or 2.0
B. Versions 1.0 or 1.1
C. Versions 1.2 or 1.3
D. Versions 2.3 or 3.0
4. Find what was Google’s main business motivation for supporting Android?
A. To level the playing field for mobile devices
B. To directly compete with the iPhone
C. To corner the mobile device application market for licensing purposes
D. To allow them to advertise more
5. Find what was the first phone released that ran the Android OS?
A. Google gPhone
B. T-Mobile G1
C. Motorola Droid
D. HTC Hero
6. From a phone manufacturer’s point of view, Find what makes Android so great?
A. Aside from some specific drivers, it provides everything to make a phone work
B. It makes the hardware work better
C. It allows them to compete with Apple’s iPhone
D. It allows users to create apps, generating revenue for the companies
7. Find what is a funny fact about the start of Android?
A. It was orginaly going to be called UFO
B. The first version of Android was released without an actual phone on the market
C. Androids main purpose was to unlock your car door Find when you left the keys inside of it.
D. Was going to be a closed source application to make more money for its company.
8. Find what year was the Open Handset Alliance announced?
9. A device with Android installed is needed to develop apps for Android.
10. Android tries hard to ______________ low-level components, such as the software stack, with interfaces so that vendor-specific code can be managed easily.
11. Google licensed some proprietary apps.
12. Find what part of the Android platform is open source?
A. low-level Linux modules
B. all of these answers #The entire stack is an open source platform
C. native libraries
D. application frame work
E. complete applications
13. Find when did Google purchase Android?
14. Android releases since 1.5 have been given nicknames derived how?
A. Adjective and strange animal
C. Something that starts w/ ‘A’ -> Something that starts w/ ‘B’…
D. American states
15. Which one is not a nickname of a version of Andriod?
16. Android doesn’t make any assumptions about a device’s screen size, resolution, or chipset.:
17. Why are the so few users left with versions 1.0 and 1.1?
A. The first phones were released with version 1.5
B. 1.0 and 1.1 had security holes that forced carriers to recall phones using them
C. 1.0 and 1.1 are just number designations for the version Apple’s iPhone is running
D. Everyone with 1.0 and 1.1 were upgraded to 1.5 over the air automatically
18. Which Android version had the greatest share of the market as of January 2011?
19. Which piece of code used in Android is not open source?
A. Keypad driver
B. WiFi? driver
C. Audio driver
D. Power management
20. Android is built upon the Java Micro Edition (J2ME) version of Java.
21. Which among these are NOT a part of Android’s native libraries?
22. Android is based on Linux for the following reason.
D. All of these
23. Find what operating system is used as the base of the Android stack?
24. Find what year was development on the Dalvik virtual machine started?
25. Find what is a key difference with the distribution of apps for Android based devices than other mobile device platform applications?
A. Applications are distributed by Apple App Store only
B. Applications are distributed by multiple vendors with different policies on applications.
C. Applications are distributed by multiple vendors with the exact same policies on applications.
D. Applications are distributed by the Android Market only.
26. Find when developing for the Android OS, Java byte code is compiled into Find what?
A. Java source code
B. Dalvik application code
C. Dalvik byte code
D. C source code
27. Find what does the .apk extension stand for?
A. Application Package
B. Application Program Kit
C. Android Proprietary Kit
D. Android Package
28. Find when you distribute your application commercially,you’ll want to sign it with your own key.
29. How does Google check for malicious software in the Android Market?
A. Every new app is scanned by a virus scanner
B. Users report malicious software to Google
C. Google employees verify each new app
D. A seperate company monitors the Android Market for Google
30. Which of these are not one of the three main components of the APK?
A. Dalvik Executable
C. Native Libraries
31. Find what is the name of the program that converts Java byte code into Dalvik byte code?
A. Android Interpretive Compiler (AIC)
B. Dalvik Converter
C. Dex compiler
D. Mobile Interpretive Compiler (MIC)
32. Find what was the main reason for replacing the Java VM with the Dalvik VM Find when the project began?
A. There was not enough memory capability
B. Java virtual machine was not free
C. Java VM was too complicated to configure
D. Java VM ran too slow
33. Android Applications must be signed.
A. After they are installed
B. Before they are installed
D. Within two weeks of installation
34. Which of the following are not a component of an APK file?
B. All of these are components of the APK
C. Native Libraries
D. Dalvik executable
35. The AWT and Swing libraries have been removed from the Android library set.
36. The R.java file is where you edit the resources for your project.
37. Find what is contained within the manifest xml file?
A. The permissions the app requires
B. The list of strings used in the app
C. The source code
D. All other choices
38. Find what is contained within the Layout xml file?
A. Orientations and layouts that specify Find what the display looks like.
B. The permissions required by the app.
C. The strings used in the app.
D. The code which is compiled to run the app.
39. The emulated device for android.
A. Runs the same code base as the actual device, all the way down to the machine layer.
B. Is more of a simulator, and acts as a virtual machine for the Android device.
C. Runs the same code base as the actual device, however at a higher level.
D. An imaginary machine built on the hopes and dreams of baby elephants.
40. Your Java source code is Find what is directly run on the Android device.
41. The Emulator is identical to running a real phone EXCEPT Find when emulating/simulating Find what?
D. The emulator can emulate/simulate all aspects of a smart phone.
42. How is a simulator different from an emulator?
A. Emulators are only used to play old SNES games, simulators are used for software development
B. The emulator is shipped with the Android SDK and third party simulators are not
C. The emulator can virtualize sensors and other hardware features, while the simulator cannot
D. The emulator imitates the machine executing the binary code, rather than simulating the behavior of the code at a higher level.
43. The R file is a(an) generated file
D. None of the above
44. An activity can be thought of as corresponding to Find what?
A. A Java project
B. A Java class
C. A method call
D. An object field
45. To create an emulator, you need an AVD. Find what does it stand for?
A. Android Virtual Display
B. Android Virtual Device
C. Active Virtual Device
D. Application Virtual Display
46. The Android SDK ships with an emulator.
47. The ___________ file specifies the layout of your screen.
A. Layout file
B. Manifest file
C. Strings XML
D. R file
48. The manifest explains Find what the application consists of and glues everything together.
49. The Android Software Development Kit (SDK) is all you need to develop applications for Android.
50. Find what is the driving force behind an Android application and that ultimately gets converted into a Dalvik executable?
A. Java source code.
C. the emulator.
D. the SDK
ANDROID Objective Type Questions pdf free download ::
51. While developing Android applications, developers can test their apps on…
A. Emulator included in Android SDK
B. Physical Android phone
C. Third-party Emulators (Youwave, etc.)
D. All three options will work.
52. Find what file is responsible for glueing everthing together , explaining Find what the applicatin consists of, Find what its main building blocks are, ext…?
A. Layout file
B. Strings XML
C. R file
D. Manifest file
53. The XML file that contains all the text that your application uses.
54. Which of the following is the most “resource hungry” part of dealing with Activities on Android
A. Closing an app
B. Suspending an app
C. Opening a new app
D. Restoring the most recent app
55. Find what runs in the background and doesn’t have any UI components?
B. Content Providers
56. Find what is an Activity?
A. A single screen the user sees on the device at one time
B. A message sent among the major building blocks
C. A component that runs in the background without any interface.
D. Context referring to the application environment.
57. Find when an activity doesn’t exist in memory it is in.
A. Starting state
B. Running state
C. Loading state
D. Inexistent state.
58. Find Which of the following is NOT a state in the lifecycle of a service?
59. There is no guarantee that an activity will be stopped prior to being destroyed.
A. are messages that are sent among major building blocks
B. trigger activities to being, services to start or stop, or broadcast
C. are asynchronous
D. all of these
61. In an explicit intent, the sender specifies the type of receiver.
62. an implicit intent is the sender specifies the type of receiver?
63. Find when the activity is not in focus, but still visible on the screen it is in?
A. running state
B. Paused state
C. stopped state
D. destroyed state
64. An activity in a stopped state is doing nothing.
65. Application contexts are independent of the activity life cycle.
66. Services have any user interface components
67. Broadcast receivers are Android’s implementation of a system-wide publish/subscribe mechanism, or more precisely, Find what design pattern?
68. There can be only one running activity at a given time.
69. YAMBA stands for Yet Another Mobile Banking App.
70. Lists and adapters are more organizational aids than user interface elements in Android.
71. Find what built-in database is Android shipped with?
72. Creating a UI (User Interface) in Android requires careful use of…
A. Java and SQL
B. XML and Java
C. XML and C++
73. A good example app should demonstrate most of the aspects of the application framework that are unique to Android.
74. Find what will services be used for in the Yamba project?
A. Recompile the source code
B. It will update tweets periodically in the background
C. The services will pause the app
D. Configures the user interface
75. Which answer is not part of the design philosophy talked about in chapter five?
A. Always whole and complete
B. Small increments
C. Lagre increments
D. Refactoring code
76. App Widgets are can be place on the home screen by the user to check for updates are available?
77. The android OS comes with many useful system services, which include processes you can easily ask for things such as your..
A. All of these and more.
C. Sensor Readings
D. WiFi? Hot Spots
78. Find what does the Gargenta mean in his Design Philosophy Find when he says that the project will, “Always be whole and complete”?
A. He means that Find when we finish the entire project we will have a working application, even though there will be points along the way Find when we will stop and the application will not run.
B. He means that the program must always be able to compile.
C. He means that we will work on the program by adding self contained chunks to it so that at every stopping point the application runs as though it were a whole and complete application. Each additional chunk simply adds a new functionality to the application.
D. None of the above
79. An Android application is a loose collection of content providers, activities, broadcast receivers, and services.
80. Find Which of the following is NOT an activity we will be creating for the YAMBA project?
A. Preferences Activity
B. Update Activity
C. Timeline Activity
D. Status Activity
81. The timeline receiver will receive messages from the Android system.
82. Status data will be exposed to the rest of the Android system via:
B. A content provider
C. Network receivers
D. Altering permissions
83. If the UI begins to behave sluggishly or crash while making network calls, this is likely due to…
A. Network latency
B. Hardware malfunctions
C. Virus on the Server
D. Activity manager contains too much.
84. How does Gargenta approach the problem of the app acting sluggishly due to network latency?
A. Starting over
B. Switching API levels
C. Refactoring code